Sunday, August 28, 2016

San Antonio, Texas



SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS

     Last week I took a trip to San Antonio, Texas. I only spent two days there but managed to get in as much as I could about this city. There are not many straight flights from Maryland to San Antonio so I ended up taking a connecting flight. I had a connection in Charlotte, NC. I decided to take a carry on bag only on this trip which was a first for me. I did my research and then decided what I could take on a plane. As far as toiletries go, I took the following:







This travel bag of toiletries can be easily found at Wal-Mart for about $5.00 







It includes toothpaste, floss, shampoo and conditioner, lotion, deodorant, a toothbrush and comb.






 I also bought travel size hairspray, foundation, body spray, and face moisturizer.

 









   For those of you who have never been to the airport in NC it is not small at all. I almost had to sprint to make onto my next plane, luckily I only had a carry on because it took about 20 minutes to get to the gate. I call it the food mecca airport because they have so many food and drink options!!




Reaching my destination!!








  I stayed at the Doubletree Hotel in Downtown, San Antonio. It was located about 20-25 min from the airport and 10 minutes from the Riverwalk.











The view from my room which was located on the 2nd floor.



A few things to keep in mind if you have a pool view, If you have the air on automatic, every time the air goes off you will hear noises from the cars and the doors slamming in the hallway.
  






  The hotel offers free shuttle service to any area downtown and will pick you up exactly where they drop you off. The hotel staff were very friendly. I decided to go to the RiverCenter Mall and go to Johnny Rockets for a bite to eat.






I decided to start off with a Deluxe Oreo Cookies and Cream Milkshake which was thick and creamy and good.















I ordered the Bacon Cheddar Burger made with Applewood Smoked Bacon, Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, and Special Sauce.





I was not impressed by this burger, it wall all over the place. Some parts of the burger was well done and other parts of it was medium rare.
The service was good at first but then the server kept asking me if I wanted a to-go box when I wasn't even half way through the burger yet which began to annoy me!!.


 The next day, ,my son and I headed to the famous RiverWalk. It was a beautiful day to enjoy it.










The ducks and pigeons are so used to people that they will walk right in front of you or even come up to you.








It also has RiverBoat Tours which will take you around the RiverWalk and the driver will explain a bit of history about it.






We decided we needed something sweet and cold to eat so we headed to Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop.









We ordered the  Crissy Field Cookie and Bits Sundae-made with Vanilla ice cream between Cookies 'n Cream ice cream, smothered in hand made hot fudge, topped with whipped cream, Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumbles and two Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel Minis.





                                             
                    Creamy and delicious!!






Best Sundae I've ever had!!












We could not experience a whole lot because we had a very busy schedule, but my son and I do plan to go back soon and experience all that San Antonio, Texas has to offer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment